We have crafted a step-by-step guide based on our experience that can help you if your Linksys E2500 Not Working.
We all know that an Ethernet cable is only sometimes available to connect our devices to the internet. If we want a reliable and fast internet connection, we turn to wireless routers for help.
One such router model is Linksys E2500, a low-priced dual-band router with up to 300mbps on each band and up to 2 simultaneous Wifi connections. The main reason that Linksys routers have become so popular is their ease of use and excellent customer service provided by Linksys, as well as their affordable pricing plans, which are accessible through a simple web interface.
Most people experience a big problem with this system: it must be fixed. It often stops working after some time, so people need to reset it to work again, which can be frustrating. However, if it stops working randomly, you need to know the basic troubleshooting steps to make it work.
Linksys E2500 Router Not Working
Linksys e2500 router not working is usually a result of the user failing to follow the installation process correctly. Below are some common reasons why your Linksys e2500 router might not be working:
- The router is unplugged from power, or the power cord has been disconnected from the outlet.
- You can’t connect to the router because it’s out of range or blocks the signal between it and your device.
- Is the Ethernet cable connection is loose, or there’s a faulty one?
- Your modem isn’t plugged in and powered on, or it doesn’t have an Internet connection (DSL/cable).
Power cycling the device is the quickest and easiest remedy for most Linksys router issues. To accomplish this, turn the router off, unplug the power cord, and wait 10 seconds before plugging it back in. If this doesn’t solve the problem, try doing these:
- Examine all the connections and cables connected to the router to ensure they are in good working order.
- Check the power outlet to ensure that it is operational.
- Get help from Linksys Technicians. They will inspect the router at the support center.
Cisco Linksys E2500 Not Working After Power Outage
One of the most common reasons you cannot access your cisco Linksys e2500 router is a power outage. When there is a power outage, the internet connection may go down, preventing the system from communicating with the outside world. It can completely change the state of your business and make you lose everything in one night. In this case, you will need to restore your network.
The solution to this issue is to replace the power supply on your router and test if it works again by connecting it to a wall outlet and turning it on and off several times until the LED light comes on again.
- Restart Router
So, to restart your device correctly, begin by changing it off for a few seconds. It can ensure that the temporary files are utterly deleted from it, so you’ll be able to put them on your device once more once it is restarted. It should be ready to hook up with the network once more with no drawback.
- Hard Reset
If you have already tried to restart your device and it didn’t fix your issue, your information configuration files could corrupt. Consequently, this may be inflicting your device to be unable to ascertain an association with your network. To revive your configuration files, you’ll reset your device, which can bring you back to the stock settings provided by the corporate.
- Customer Support
If the troubleshooting fixes above don’t solve your drawback, your device’s hardware might need to becoIt’sroken. You should contact the customer support team about your issue thoroughly.
Linksys E2500 Ethernet Ports Not Working
The LAN port (ethernet port) not operating issue is the cause of too many problems. It will either result in damage to the port or any software-related downside. In each case, there are multiple ways you’ll be able to apply and fix the LAN port of your router.
The quickest way to perceive whether or not there’s any information transfer between your router and computer will be if the cable entries are blinking. If there’s no lightweight returning from the cable upon getting into it into the port, that may mean that there’s one thing wrong.
Here is what you’ll need to solve the problem:
- Disconnect the cable from either side and rotate its ends.
- Plug one finish in one among the yellow ports of your router.
- Plug the opposite finish of the line into your pc.
- If there’s no blinking, look at ALL four yellow ports.
- Certify to plug the cable tightly; thus, you’ll hear a clicking sound.
Linksys E2500 5Ghz Not Showing Up
When it considers wireless connections, there are two wireless channels, 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Users who want improved performance and speed tend to decide on the 5GHz wireless band. However, the 5Ghz option doesn’t show up in some cases due to the following reasons;
- Your computer or smartphone may not be capable of connecting to 5GHz networks.
- It is possible that your hardware, including your router, is incompatible with 5GHz networks.
- Access to 5GHz networks may be disabled in your device or router.
- Your drivers could need to be updated or corrupted.
Problem & solutions
Linksys is a well-known brand in the home networking industry. The problem is that the Linksys e2500 5ghz is not showing up and has not been updated for a long time.
- Device Compatibility
Sometimes, the 5GHz only works on devices if they are compatible with 5GHz. Additionally, please confirm that whatever device you use can attach to the 5GHz networks. Once you alter the device, you’ll be ready to optimize the net affiliation and use the 5GHz wireless band for quicker speed and performance.
- Factory Reset
The Linksys routers are often factory-reset by pressing the push on the rear or bottom for around 10 seconds. The factory reset will probably delete the inaccurate settings, which may be inflicting property problems. Therefore, you’ll be ready to use the 5GHz wireless band.
Linksys E2500 Stopped Working
With the Linksys e2500, you can automate your home and access the internet at the same time. It can be used by small businesses or home users who need a simple router for basic internet connectivity. It has an integrated 3G modem which means it can connect to the internet with GSM/3G networks.
However, if it stops working randomly, you need to know the basic troubleshooting steps to make it work.
- Check the Connection
- Check Power Socket
- Run a power cycle
- The affiliation is the primary factor in checking on the router if it stops operating. If there’s some tangency on the facility wire or another cable, it will prevent your router from running. So, you need to check on all the connections and the cables that square measure hooked up to the router and certify that they’re in excellent health.
- You may also have to be compelled to check on the facility socket and ensure it’s okay. The higher and more counseled thanks to type it out is to confirm that you simply square measure connecting the router to an influence socket with no switches hooked up to that.
- Another factor in puzzling out the most straightforward way from such problems is to run an influence cycle on your router. There square measures many errors, bugs, and alternative issues that may cause your router not to work, and you ought to merely close up the router and pull out the facility wire.
- The final thing you should do if nothing has puzzled out for you is to examine the router with the support center by the Linksys technicians.
Linksys E2500 Reset Not Working
As you will have detected with most router fixing guides, the last word resolution is sometimes to reset it and re-do the settings. However, some routers have problems with this operation. For example, some Linksys routers don’t appear to reset, even after you push the button within the back. It is a relatively common drawback. Thus, we’ve set up a small stages guide to indicate ways to reset your Linksys router quickly.
Perform a 30/30/30 reset:
- Ensure the router is plugged in and on, then press and hold the push button for thirty seconds.
- Unplug the router from its power supply while holding the button for thirty seconds.
- Continue holding Reset for one more thirty seconds.
- Release the push and leave the router for concerning ten seconds.
- Disconnect the ability wire for one more ten seconds, then reconnect.
How To Connect To Linksys E2500 Router
Here are the steps to successfully connect to the Linksys E2500 router:
- Enter 192.168.1.1 into a browser to access your router’s browser-based utility. If you are not using Cisco Connect, the username should be blank, and the default password should be “admin.”
- Navigate to the “Setup” menu.
- Go to the “Basic Setup” section.
- In the “Static DNS 1” field, type 184.108.40.206.
- In the “Static DNS 2” field, type 220.127.116.11.
- In the “Static DNS 3” field, type 18.104.22.168. (Alternatively, you may leave this field blank.)
- Click “Save Setting” to save all the changes.
How To Use Linksys E2500 As Repeater
Follow these steps to use Linksys E2500 as a repeater:
- Access your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router by entering “http://192.168.1.1” into your web browser’s Address bar.
- Click Connectivity.
- Click Internet Settings
- Click Edit
- Click Wireless Repeater
- Enter the Network name (SSID), Network band, and Security mode for the main router or access point.
- Click OK to save the settings, then Yes to proceed.
Once your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router has been converted to a Wireless Repeater, you must check the DHCP Table of your primary router or access point to determine your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router’s new IP address. Logging into the router’s web setup page will require you to use this new IP Address if you need to configure it later.
The Linksys E2500 N600 Dual-Band Wireless Router version 3 is a dual-band router that allows you to connect to the internet via wired and wireless connections. The web-based setup page includes Guest Access and Parental Controls features, which add security to your home network. But problems do occur with it and so do the solutions.
This article discussed some significant problems with the Linksys E2500 Router, how to solve them, and some prevention methods.