Throughout this comprehensive guide, we will discuss How To Restart Wifi Router From Phone each step is detailed and easy to follow.
Restarting wifi is the first solution we think of when we face any connectivity or network issues. You could use the button on your router to continue it or use the web browser. However, another more convenient method is to use your phone to restart your router. You need to install the app that your router’s manufacturer makes to do this. This article is a guide on restarting the wifi router from the phone.
Steps on How To Restart Wifi Router From Phone
Before we jump into restarting the router, we should look into how this is different from resetting the router.
Reset vs Restart What is the difference Between Reset and Restart:
Resetting the router will remove all the settings you might have changed manually and set it back to default settings. Any changes made in the wifi network name, password, etc., will be lost. After resetting, you can either use the router’s web manager or mobile app to change the default settings.
Restarting the router will not change any settings. It will only turn the router off and on. You might need to restart your router in case of any network issues. For example, your internet speed is questionable, or the wifi network’s name is not visible in the list of available devices on your phone or laptop.
You could also restart the router if you have just created a guest network or made other changes. The router will not go back to the default factory settings when you restart, unlike the reset option.
How To Reset Router Via Mobile App
You can follow the instructions below to restart the wifi router from your phone. You first need to find an app that can manage your router settings. If you are not aware of the app, you can check the instruction manual that came with the router. Or you can also check the manufacturer’s website.
You can follow the instructions below to reset your wireless router via phone.
- You first need to connect your mobile phone to the router’s wifi network. Please turn on your router and look for its name in the list of available devices on your phone. Click on Connect to connect to it.
- Download the app that manages the router settings if you do not already have it. You can download the app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open the app on your phone. Enter the username and password to enter your account. Use the same username and password to connect to your wifi network.
- If you are using an android, click on login.
- If you are using an iPhone, click on Manage Your Wifi. You will see the place to enter your username and password after that.
- If you are using Android, you can use the admin password, and on iPhone, you can use the router password if these are different for you.
- On the top left corner of the screen, you will see an icon with three lines or a menu. This might depend on the app you are using. However, usually, there is an icon for the menu in the stated space.
- You might then see an option saying Network Administration. If not, any similar choice has control options for network and connectivity.
- Here, you might see various options like reset, restart, or create a new guest network. Click on Restart router.
- Depending on the app, you might or might not see a warning message. It might state that if you restart the router, all the connected devices will get disconnected and lose internet connection until it starts again.
- Click on Restart to confirm. You might see a message asking you to wait until the process is completed.
- You will be informed when the router has been successfully restarted.
This should successfully restart the router. If your router network has been saved in your phone, laptop, and other devices, you will not need to enter the password again to connect to it. If not, you should enter the wifi password and then save it.
You can use your router’s web interface to restart it as well. This process is equally simple. You need to connect your laptop or mobile to the internet and open the browser. Login to the manufacturer’s website using the admins’ username and password. You can find the restart option in the Home menu.
The Final Thoughts:
This article explains how to restart the wifi router from a phone. This might effectively solve issues related to connectivity and internet speed. The best way to restart the router via phone is to use the mobile app. If not, you can also use the router’s web manager to renew it.
If you face any issues related to the network’s speed or if it cannot successfully connect to any of the devices, you can follow this guide to restart the router and then try again.