We have discussed in great detail in this blog post How to connect Netgear router to internet. You can connect your Netgear router to the Internet simply by reading this easy guide.
Netgear routers are trusted in the market and among the customers. If you have one of these routers or plan to buy one, you might need help connecting the router to the Internet. There are a few different ways to do this. This article will explain how to connect Netgear Router to the Internet. This process might seem long but is simple and usually does not even require help from a professional.
How To Connect Netgear Router To Internet
When routers first became popular among the general public, they were connected to the Internet through the router web interface, a practice you can still witness commonly.
However, now Smartphone apps are made available that help connect your router to the Internet.
These apps are specific for a company and made by them. You can use the Nighthawk app for Netgear routers to set it up. You should use the Orbi app to install an Orbi wifi System.
Since using the router web interface is the most commonly used method for connecting routers to the Internet, let us go through how to do it in detail.
How To Install Netgear Router Using The Router Web Interface
Here are the steps you can follow to install the Netgear router using the router web interface.
Step By Step Guide
The below guide is a list of instructions you can follow to connect your Netgear router to the Internet via the router web interface.
- You will need an Ethernet cable for this. On the back of your Netgear router, you will see a yellow Internet Port. Connect your modem to the router through this port.
- Connect your laptop or PC to any Ethernet ports on the Netgear router.
- On the router, press the Power button. You will see LED lights flashing that indicates the router is powered on.
- Enter routerlogin.net on your web browser.
- Use your username and password to log in. This information is case-sensitive, and you will be informed about it at your purchase.
- Navigate to Advanced Settings and click on Setup Wizard.
- You will see ‘Yes’ and ‘no’ options next to the Radio button. Click on Yes.
- Then click on Next. The router will start detecting your internet connection.
- As it finds a network connection, you will log it. It would be best if you changed your password now.
- You will be presented with two security questions. These questions will help you log in to your account safe from other devices and protect it from hackers.
- Once the security questions have been answered, you will see a Congratulations pop-up window.
- If you wish to print your network settings, click on Print Page.
- In the same window, click on Next.
- A Firmware Update Assistant page will pop up. It will inform you if any firmware update is available or not.
- If any firmware update is available, click on Yes to install it. It might take a while to install. Once the installation is successfully done, you will be notified of it.
- After the installation, your router will reboot automatically.
- Then, you will be required to put in your username and password again and log in.
- Enter the updated or changed password you put in the previous step.
- A page named BASIC will open. It will state any necessary information you need to know and inform you that your router is set up.
You can be sure that your router is set up now. You can set up the Netgear router and use the Netgear Nighthawk app.
You can follow the instructions written below to connect the Netgear router internet.
- Download the Nighthawk App from Playstore or App Store.
- In case any antennas have been given to you, attach them and connect the modem to the Internet port on your router.
- Now Turn your Netgear router on, and then the wifi LED will light up.
- You will find your router’s wifi network name (SSID) on the router label. You will also find your password or network key with it.
- On your Smartphone, open the Settings App and then go to wifi settings.
- Turn the wifi on and find your router’s wifi network name on the list of available networks.
- Click on connect and enter the password to your network.
You can also read How to turn off Wifi on Netgear router
These steps will help you connect your Netgear router to the Internet via the Nighthawk App. It is straightforward to change settings through the App and is more comfortable to use if you are setting the router in your home. For the workplace, using the web browser will come in more handy.
The Final Thoughts:
This article explains how to connect a Netgear Router to the Internet. You can either do so through the web browser or the Nighthawk Mobile App. The process of setting up the router is straightforward. For setting up the Orbi network, you can use the Orbi App. If the procedure above does not help, you can quickly contact customer care and fix the issues.