This guide will explain to you recommended ways how to change wifi name in mobile follow our easy to follow steps to change the name of wifi from your mobile phone.
When you purchase your router, it might have a name that is inconvenient to remember and use. If you wish to change your wifi name through your mobile, this article will help you out. Changing the name to something more comprehensive and easy to remember can aid in connecting to the router quickly, especially in an emergency. You can also easily identify your network from a bunch of networks if you name it yourself.
There are two ways to change the wifi name from your phone. You could either use the web browser or mobile app.
Step By Step Guide on How To Change Wifi Name In Mobile
Most users use the mobile app to manage their router settings compared to the web browser easily. Using the Web Browser on the phone can be problematic if the web interface is not developed enough to be used comfortably on Android and iOS. Mobile Apps can be operated quickly and might have more features as well. Web browsers are more recommended if you use your PC or laptop or manage router settings
How To Use Mobile App To Change Wifi Name:
First, connect your phone to the router’s wifi network. If you have not used the wifi network on your phone before, you need to look for the network’s name in the list of networks available.
- Turn on your router and the phone wifi option and check the presented network list. Then select your network and enter the password to connect to it.
- Download the required app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Launch the app. You will be asked to login into your account. Enter your username and password. This is the name of your wifi network and the admin password you use to connect other devices to your wifi network.
- Enter the login button. You will be presented with a dashboard. Depending on the app you are using, this design might greatly vary.
- However, in most apps, you will find a Wifi option on the dashboard. If you do not see it on the dashboard, you can click on the menu option on the top left corner and click on settings. This should take you to many setting options, from which wifi should be a choice.
- You will see options like wifi name and password. To change the name, you need to click on the wifi name. You might then see an opportunity to change it, or you can type in the name and then go back to the dashboard.
- Once the name has been changed, you might get a confirmation message. If not, you can check the wifi name on your phone.
Changing the wifi name through the mobile app is extremely simple. If this does not work for any reason, you can also try using the web browser on your phone. However, it would be best if you remembered that a web browser might not operate as smoothly on your phone as a mobile app.
You can use the instructions stated below to change the wifi name using the web browser.
- Open the web browser on your phone.
- Enter your router’s manufacturer’s website in the search bar. You can check the packing of the router for this website or even the instruction manual.
- You will be required to log in to your account at the website. Enter the username and password of your router.
- Depending on the website, the interface might look different. You will most likely see the wifi option on the dashboard or the home menu. Click on it.
- To change the wifi name, you need to erase the last word, enter the new one and click on save changes.
Changing the wifi name will not disconnect your devices from the router. If you have changed the name and the new name does not show up, you can restart your router. Restarting it will surely change the wifi’s name.
This article is a guide on how to change your wifi name on mobile. You can use the mobile app or the web interface of the manufacturer of your router to do so. This is a relatively simple process that usually does not require you to restart the router. However, if you do not see the change immediately, restart the router, and the new name shall be visible then.