ASUS Gaming Router Tri-band WiFi
When it comes to the ASUS AC5300 ROG, we believe it leads the high-end market for users not looking to invest a lot of money in a high-end gaming router.
Main Features Of ASUS Gaming Router Tri band
- For starters, the router uses three bands: double 5 GHz and a single 2.4 GHz band. This fact allows connection speeds of up to 5334 Mbps! With 8 external antennas, it can cover up to 5000 square feet, which is ideal for large homes.
- Under the hood, it uses a 1.8 GHz 64 bit Quad Core processor and MU MIMO 4 × 4 802.11ac technology to maximize connection speeds even when many devices are connected to the same network.
- Other useful features include VPN Fusion, Game IPS, Game Boost; All for the purpose of keeping you safe and making your game easier. Hands down, this is the best router for fiber internet
It is a good pick up to comfort your life.
- High-end gaming router
- ideal for large homes
- Not at all
TP Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System
A major strength is the fact that you can mix Deco E4 with other Deco models and use it as an affordable way to extend the coverage of your existing mesh WiFi network. Let’s further explore why this is the best router for fiber internet.
Main Features of TP-Link Deco
- Deco E4 has solid hardware, the features it offers are useful but not many, and the mobile app is easy to use.
- The only significant limitation is that it cannot run at speeds above 100Mbps.Overall, TP-Link Deco E4 offers excellent value for money. If you are looking for an affordable mesh WiFi system and your internet connection is not faster than 100Mbps, TP Link Deco E4 is one of the best options you can take
TP-Link Deco E4 is an important product because it opens the world of mesh WiFi systems to everyone. While it has its limitations, the price of this model is so affordable that now anyone can build their WiFi mesh systems without paying a lot.
- The most affordable price for a mesh WiFi system
- Well thought out design combining simplicity and elegance
- WiFi performance is incredibly stable, especially on the 5 GHz band
- Easy to configure through the TP-Link Deco mobile application
- Can be used in conjunction with other Deco devices, even if they are of a different model
- It is integrated with Amazon Alexa and IFTTT (If This Then That)
- The maximum speed you get is 100 Mbps, even in the 5 GHz band
- Does not offer a web-based interface for administration.
- Has fewer features than other Deco systems, to make up for the price difference
NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home
If you want more control over your network, the Advanced tab takes you to an Advanced Security section, where you can configure parental controls to block access to websites, restrict user access, and receive email alerts when someone tries to access to a blocked site.
Main Features Of NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home
- You can also access advanced wireless settings that allow you to adjust transmit power, enable MU-MIMO and beamforming, use the router as an access point, and configure things like static routing, VPN service, and port forwarding.
- Included in advanced settings is a traffic meter that allows you to view Internet traffic statistics and set limits on monthly upload and download capacities.
- When the meter detects that you have reached your threshold, you can have it shut down Internet access for all clients. You can also use advanced settings to configure things like IPv6 tunneling, view system logs, and update router firmware.
- A tri-band AC3000 device, the Orbi router has six internal antennas and can deliver theoretical throughput speeds of 1266 Mbps to clients (400 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 866 Mbps on the 5 GHz band).
- The third band is the one that separates the Orbi from the competition; it is considered a backhaul band because it is dedicated exclusively to communications between the router and the satellite. This is a 5GHz band that can reach maximum speeds of 1,733Mbps.
Designed for larger spaces, the Netgear Orbi RBK50 is a capable Wi-Fi system that offers a fast wireless network to all areas of your home. It is very easy to install, offers many wired LAN ports, and is MU-MIMO ready.
- Easy to install.
- Fast performance.
- Multi-user multi-input and multi-output (MU-MIMO) capability.
- Highly configurable.
- Limited USB functionality.
Google Nest WiFi Router 2 Pack (2nd Generation)
This product includes two router units.
Main Features Of Google Nest WiFi Router
- Nest Wifi is a scalable and flexible Wi-Fi system. These Nest Wifi devices work together to cover your entire home with fast and reliable Wi-Fi and eliminate buffering in every room, covering up to 4,400 square feet.
- Nest Wifi routers are strong enough to handle up to 200 connected devices and fast enough to stream multiple 4K videos at once. Compatible with Google Wifi; Ethernet ports included in each router’s 15W power adapter.
- Work smartly behind the scenes to make sure your Wi-Fi stays fast. Walk from room to room on a video call with an uninterrupted signal. Nest Wifi automatically updates to get new features and help keep your network safe and sound.
- Nest Wifi is easy to set up in the app. Easily create a guest network and share your password with just a few taps. Decide which devices to prioritize for faster speeds and use parental controls to manage time online for kids.
A Wi-Fi router connects to your Internet provider’s modem to create your Wi-Fi network. The other extends the wireless network and maintains its fast connection to the devices in every room. For more coverage, add Nest Wifi points or routers to your system.
- Work smartly
- Easily create a guest network
- Specifically not
TP Link AX6000 WiFi 6 Router
The TP-Link Archer AX6000 is a powerful Wi-Fi 6 router that should meet most people’s needs, especially if there are a lot of wired devices to connect. It’s expensive, but it has the features and performance to back up the price.
Main Features Of TP-Link AX6000 WiFi 6 Router
- The Archer AX6000 is a robust square router with eight external antennas that fold up and down. In total, it is the size of a dinner plate, so you will need some space where you want to place it.
- The side of the router has a USB-A 3.0 and USB-C 3.0 port for connecting an external drive or two.
- If you have ambitions for network attached storage, this will be on a small scale. Stream videos and share files between PCs with ease thanks to this feature. The other side of the router has three slim buttons, one for WPS, one for Wi-Fi toggle, and one for toggling the top LED.
- The router has a 2.5Gbps WAN port and a total of eight Gigabit LAN ports on the back, making it ideal for anyone with many wired devices that they would like to connect.
- There is no multi-Gigabit LAN port, although link aggregation is possible between the second and third LAN ports. If needed, this would offer theoretical cable speeds of up to 2 Gbps.
At the bottom, there are some brackets if you want to put it sideways to a wall or upside down under a table, which would definitely help with the size issue.
- Strong QoS and parental control
- USB ports for sharing external media
- Excellent performance and range
- Eight Gigabit LAN ports
- About the size of a dinner plate
- It could be too much for your needs
NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router (R8000P)
The Netgear X6S is a tri-band router that also provides MU-MIMO support. This router incorporates the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard and uses it to offer Wi-Fi that covers three channels.
Main Features Of NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router (R8000P)
- The Netgear X6S has an AC4000 rating which it achieves thanks to the use of three Wi-Fi bands which, when combined, can deliver a maximum speed of up to 4,000 Mbps.
- Its overall performance is further enhanced by its ability to support MU.
- However, it does have an old-school charm once it passes the unit’s “hardcover book” size. Speaking of its size, the Netgear X6S comes in at a sizeable 11 x 9 x 2.1 inches.
- Truly an old school design that dates back to the devices of yesteryear.
- However, this exceptionally tank-like aesthetic will likely be quite attractive to those who prefer the sleek, compact charm of modern devices.
- Fortunately, if available space is an issue, the Netgear X6S is designed to be wall-mountable.
- We need to point out that the protruding antennas can make it a bit cumbersome to look at if you choose the wall mount route.
- There is no way around this design issue as the antennas are locked in place and cannot be adjusted once connected.
- Turning the device back will reveal a host of ports that should cover everything for home use.
- The Nighthawk X6S has four LAN ports, a Gigabit WAN connection, and two USB ports that support USB 2.0 and 3.0 connection.
- The power button and the reset switch can also be located on the back of the unit. As for the WPS button, it can be found on the front of the device, which makes it a relatively easy way to turn Wi-Fi streaming on and off.
- Other notable aesthetic aspects of the Nighthawk X6S are the 11 LED lights that show the status of your router.
- If that sounds like too many LED lights, well, it is. If you prefer that the router not draw too much attention with its Christmas-like flashing, there is a switch on the back of the unit that allows you to turn off all LEDs.
- Inside its bulky exterior is a 1.8GHz dual-core processor that packs 128MB RAM and 512MB of solid-state memory storage.
- The device also uses MU-MIMO technology that will help the X6S to support multiple network connected devices simultaneously.
- To improve Wi-Fi range, the Netgear X6S also features Beamforming + protocol technology, which helps increase the range and speed of the X6S while still being compatible with 802.11ac devices.
It has everything you need to transfer files from your hard drive to use it as a wireless printer for all devices within the network.
- Dual-core processor
- Christmas-like flashing
- Robust parental controls
- Lifetime malware protection
- Alexa voice control
- Not at all
TP Link Deco Mesh WiFi System
The TP-Link Deco X60 is a whole-home mesh system that uses the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology to help eliminate dead spots in your home. While it won’t blow your doors off from a performance standpoint, it’s fast enough, easy to use, and comes with a lifetime subscription to TP-Link’s HomeCare security tools.
Main Features OfTP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System
- The 3 X60 pack comes with three identical white cylindrical nodes providing up to 7,000 square feet of coverage. A 2-pack system covering up to 5,000 square feet is also available for $ 269.99; a good price, but still not one that qualifies the Deco family as budget routers. Standing at 4.5 inches tall and 4.3 inches wide, the nodes do not offer the low-profile aesthetics of Deco M9 Plus nodes (2.5 by 5.7 inches) but are still smaller than TP-Link Deco M4 nodes (7.5 by 3.6 inches). An LED on the base blinks blue during setup, solid green when everything is working properly, and red when the node has connectivity issues.
- You can even control the X60 with voice commands from Alexa. However, while it has decent enough performance, you can’t quite match the performance speeds and feature set you get with our more expensive Editors ‘Choice, the Asus ZenWiFi AX XT8 Wi-Fi system, or even its Editors’ winning sibling. Choice, the top-end TP-Link Deco M9.
TP-Link’s Deco X60 AX3000 Whole Home Mesh WiFi System costs $ 329.99 and comes as a three-piece Wi-Fi mesh network system designed to cover your home with the benefits of Wi-Fi 6.
It’s very easy to install and you can manage it with an easy-to-use mobile app that comes with a lifetime subscription to TP-Link’s HomeCare parental controls and anti-malware tools.
- Easy to install and manage
- Good signal range
- Robust parental controls
- Lifetime malware protection
- Alexa voice control
- Medium throughput performance
- Lacks USB connectivity
- Dynamic wireless backhaul (not dedicated)